Monday 2 May 2011

The Royal Nuptials

b

photos by Tom b.

- 40s lace dress
- Fletcher for Lyell cardigan
- vintage hat & purse
- Rachel Comey boots

On Friday afternoon one of my favorite local vintage shops, Hinesite, had a little get together to celebrate the royal nuptials. I really hadn't gotten caught up in all the hype surrounding the event but any excuse to get dressed up and wear a fancy hat sounded like fun to me. For the record, I thought the ceremony was quite lovely and Kate, er Catherine, looked wonderfully classy and elegant.

Also, here's your first peek at our newly landscaped backyard. You may be able to see some begonias, impatiens, huechera and hostas. There are also astilbe, ostrich ferns, caladiums, clematis, daffodils, brunnera, and corydalis. I can't wait for everything to fill in. The vegetable garden is planted with snow peas, jalapenos and brussel sprouts. Now I just need to get some tomato plants.

1

No comments:

Post a Comment