Wednesday 1 June 2011

Fairfax Flea Market

a

photos by Tom b.

- 60s cotton dress
- Fletcher for Lyell cardigan
- vintage Etienne Aigner flats
- vintage hat
- vintage Coach purse
- Fox tote from Libris Lunaria

c

One of my favorite things to do when we lived in LA was wake up early on Sunday morning and walk to the Fairfax Flea Market. I do miss having a flea market within walking distance! I nearly always came home with a vintage dress or some sort of trinket. I made sure to keep our Sunday morning free for this trip so I could return to the flea market.

It was a beautiful day and lovely to be outside. Sadly the flea market did not live up to all my expectations. It was mostly cut-off blue jeans and hemmed polyester dresses. I did find one lovely 40s cotton dress but I knew by looking it wouldn't fit me so I didn't even ask about a price. I didn't buy anything for myself but managed to find some souvenirs for friends back home. The best thing we found all day was that adorable little pup chillin' by his owner's stand and soaking in the sun.

b

No comments:

Post a Comment