Thursday 1 March 2012

I stood too long in the way of the door...

3

 - Madewell dress
 - vintage blazer
 - Rachel Comey boots
 - sunglasses c/o BonLook
 - listening to: Fiona Apple - When the Pawn "Love Ridden"

I have been a huge Fiona Apple fan since her first album in 1996.  I was 20 years old, living on my own for the first time and the sound of Tidal takes me back to that moment in time whenever I hear it.  I was lucky enough to see her play at the Alabama Theater after When the Pawn... came out.  Unfortunately that's the one and only time I've managed to see her live.  She used to play small shows in Los Angeles from time to time but getting tickets to those was pretty much impossible unless you had an inside industry connection. 

So... I was ridiculously excited to learn that she has several shows planned in the northeast during March.  I thought, what a perfect birthday present!  Now, here is where the rant begins.  The tickets for the shows were all "sold out" and marked up at least four times face value on StubHub before they even went on sale to the public.  Argh!  I still don't understand how that is even legal.  It's called scalping, people!  Yes, I've read the legal mumbo-jumbo that they aren't scalpers, they're ticket brokers, blah, blah, blah.  So, unless I want to shell out several hundred dollars to see the show (which I don't) I guess I'll be finding something else to do for my birthday.  Did anybody manage to score themselves tickets? 

No comments:

Post a Comment