Thursday 5 April 2012

Spring in My Backyard

a

The other day I wanted to try out my new 50mm f/1.8 lens (it's actually Tom's old lens) that I got to go with my new digital SLR camera. I didn't have to wander far to find somewhere to practice... our own backyard!  Last year was the first time I'd planted anything in the previously barren space, so I was curious to see what, if anything, would reappear this spring.  I was happy to discover lots of new growth peeking through the soil and new buds flowering here and there.

I'm never sure if you want me to bore you with lots of gardening talk, (seriously, I could go on and on about it) but here is a look into our little piece of earth.  We have (starting at the top) creeping jenny, new blossoms on the blueberry bush, heuchera, mint & cilantro & basil in pots, green onions that somehow survived all winter, hostas, a cherry tree that will blanket the patio in pink blossoms and what's left of the two daffodil blooms we had this spring (last year there was only one - progress!). 

b

No comments:

Post a Comment