Monday 4 April 2011

Bad luck wind been blowin' on my back...

081

- H&M shirt
- 50s pleated skirt
- vintage penny loafers
- Upwardly Mobile Satchel courtesy of Modcloth
- UO boater hat
- Danzig "Thirteen" (I've been watching The Hangover way too many times)

b

It seems that Mother Nature finally got the memo and let us have a couple of day of lovely spring weather. I'm not convinced it's going to stick around but I'll take it when I can get it. The warm days were well timed as we had guests visiting from NYC over the weekend.

We got together for brunch on Sunday at Rachel's Creperie (a must if you ever visit Lancaster). I always fill up on the Nutella hot chocolate before my crepe even arrives. Afterwards we headed up to Adamstown to visit Renninger's flea market. That place is always packed with fun things to look at but I ended up leaving empty handed. Then we stopped at the creamery in Strasburg for fresh made ice cream. They were also making fresh fudge and handing out samples. I ate so many fudge samples I ended up not even wanting any ice cream!

It was such a pretty day we took a long drive through Amish country. It's funny, but after living here for a while you get so used to seeing the Amish everywhere that you forget it's not just a normal thing to see people driving down the street in a horse and buggy. Speaking of Amish, it's a bit hard to get away with wearing a boater hat around these parts. It tends to make people wonder if you're Amish. I really like this straw hat from Steven Alan but laughed when I read that it's made in "Pennsylvania Dutch Country". In other words, I could probably buy that exact hat down the street at one of the Amish markets.

097

No comments:

Post a Comment